In my previous post, I listed Klein Paradys (Brits) as my number one option for a family camp trip close to Pretoria, Gauteng. I would like to share my review of the park with you.
Klein Paradys offers 80 standard and 20 exclusive stands (we camped on both). The choice of the stand will depend on whether or not you like a bit of the hustle and bustle or a more private surrounding. Me personally, prefer the buzz. After four visits to Klein Paradys, my family of 5 rated stands number 1, 2, 3 & 10 our favourites! These are close to the residence-only swimming pool, trampoline, volleyball field and shop. You have a great view of the dam and the open lawn gives you a feeling of space. I would recommend that you move towards stands 25 – 40 for a quieter experience on the standard options. For exclusive stands, we prefer stand 118 or 117 that is close to the floating walkway and you have easy access to amenities.
Our favourite activities include:
- Free canoeing on the dam at sunset
- Multiple swimming pools (hot and cold)
- Exciting super-tubes for young and young at heart
- Charming putt-putt course (Free of charge) and (off-course)
- A stroll around the grounds and over the floating dam bridge!
Some important facts to remember:
- The road to Klein Paradys is, unfortunately, pot-hole friendly :-). Please drive safe and take it a bit slower on the national roads to avoid damage to your vehicle and caravan.
- The Klein Paradys shop is a cash-only establishment.
- Although most of the resort offers wonderful shading, its shade provided by many, but not limited to, thorn-trees. My kids have had many unfortunate prickly experiences. I would strongly recommend you wear flip-flops (or any shoes) while roaming the resort (especially kids!)
Klein Paradys is a beautiful, well-kept resort with interesting landscaping plenty of entertainment and above all relaxed atmosphere that will make a weekend break-away feel like an extended holiday. I would recommend Klein Paradys to anyone that want to replenish their mind and soul.