I just want to start by saying – my family loves ATKV Buffelspoort! Our holiday at the resort set the benchmark for any future trips. We camped for a period of 10 days at the resort during peak season. The facilities were clean, accessible and spacious. December is a busy time but we enjoyed every second. The main hub always offered some kind of entertainment, but you could enjoy peace and quiet at the campsites. The staff is very friendly and a young entrepreneur even delivered firewood and general groceries to our stand via a WhatsApp number!
The ATKV Buffelspoort holiday resort is situated less than an hour from both Pretoria and Johannesburg. They offer campers grass stands under shady trees or paved stands with shade netting, power points and braais. My family of 5 prefer stands in Block B, specifically stands 137 – 148. These stands are closer to the entertainment centre and swimming pools for kids to move between campsite and main hub.
Our favourite activities include:
- Holiday program for young and old
- Heated indoor and outdoor swimming pools
- Cold-water outdoor swimming pools
- Super-tube and trampolines
- Adventure putt-putt
- Pony rides and horse riding
- The around-the-camp tractor transport
The resort also offers:
A licensed restaurant with a takeaway section, a sports bar, a beauty salon and a well-stocked shop and bottle store; an ATM is also available on the premises.
Some important facts to remember:
- During peak season, it’s busy! If you prefer a quiet, secluded experience, you will not enjoy this type of environment.
- The stands are different in sizes, remember to review the camp layout before you book
I will recommend Buffelspoort to any family.